Regular Council Meeting January 26, 2015
CITY OF BACONTON
MINUTES OF REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING
CITY HALL 6:00 P.M.
JANUARY 26, 2015
PRESENT: Mayor: Ms. Annette Morman
Council: Ms. Jackie Graham
Ms. Betty Ritchie
Ms. Bridgette Williams
Mr. Tim Pinson
Ms. Sabrina Thomas
Mr. Tommy Coleman
Clerk: Sue Pate
GUESTS: Dr. Teresa Mitchell, Robert Ramsey (Stevenson & Palmer Engineering)
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Mayor Annette Morman. Invocation was given by Ms. Jackie Graham and everyone stood for the Pledge of Allegiance.
Ms. Jackie Graham made a motion to approve the agenda; seconded by Ms. Bridgette Williams and it was carried by unanimous vote.
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING:
Ms. Bridgette Williams made a motion to approve the minutes of the January 12, 2015 meeting; seconded by Mr. Tim Pinson and was carried by a unanimous vote.
Mayor Morman stated that we had received a notice of noncompliance due to high ammonia levels and she had asked Mr. Ramsey to do an assessment of the treatment plant. She also stated that Jon Bergozza had written a letter and sent it to the EPD in reference to the noncompliance. Mayor Morman then granted the floor to Mr. Robert Ramsey of Stevenson & Palmer Engineering, Inc. Mr. Ramsey addressed the council in reference to the treatment plant and the recent violation that was received due to high ammonia levels. Mr. Ramsey stated this was the 2nd time the city had received a noncompliance because of high ammonia levels. Mr. Ramsey went on to say that due to cold weather, decaying matter and the wetlands decaying can all cause spikes in the ammonia levels. Mr. Ramsey said if the city receives a 3rd violation it will trigger action by the city or fines that will have to be paid. Mr. Ramsey made some recommendations to the council and is currently working on some cost estimates for the council to consider.
Mayor Morman presented Dr. Mitchell a copy of the lease agreement that was drawn up by the city’s attorney Mr. Tommy Coleman. Dr. Mitchell stated she would like to go over the agreement with her attorney and would get back with council at the next meeting held on 02/09/15.
None at this time.
Mayor Morman presented her FYI’s to Council. They were as follows:
1. Mayor’s day conference held in Atlanta this weekend, Jackie and I returned today.
2. On Wednesday January 28, 2015 a meeting is schedul3ed to discuss final plans for Community Center/ Library/ Seniors. State inmate construction engineer will be present along with Mr. Fuller and Mr. Tim Wade.
3. Our representative Jay Powell was appointed by governor to chair ways and means committee. Congrats to him.
4. Please see contract in your notebook prepared by Attorney Coleman for leasing of city owned building.
5. We will begin construction on basketball court and another pavilion in park. Also will order more playground equipment. Please note these are projects approved 2013-2014.
6. The county supplied the Baconton Volunteer Fire Department with the $8000.00 in funds needed.
1. Two more lights in Clayton Marcus park. Other lights as deemed necessary.
REVIEW AND APPROVAL OF BILLS:
Ms. Jackie Graham made the motion to approve bills; seconded by Ms. Bridgette Williams and carried by a unanimous vote.
Ms. Jackie Graham made the motion to adjourn Council meeting at 7:00 p.m.; seconded by Ms. Bridgette Williams.
ANNETTE MORMAN, MAYOR